It concerns a position for Sommelier at Thanos Hotels. Anassa the flagship hotel of Thanos Groups in Cyprus is looking to recruit a Sommelier for the new season 2021. He or She will be in charge of supervising and promoting wine sales in the 4 restaurants of the hotel as well as be in charge of the three dispense bars, stock control and staff beverage training.
The candidate sommelier (EU citizen) need to have at least 5 years experience in a similar job with the necessary qualifications in a similar job and needs to have a good command of the English language. The contract is for the month of April to November with option to extend for the next season.
For more information please check on https://www.anassa.com
Applying for the position at Career Opportunities: successfactors.eu
Concerning Cyprus wine experience he or she will be assisted by Mr Georgios Kassianos, President CYPRUS SOMMELIER ASSOCIATION, on gaining the necessary knowledge within the first days of employment
Hospitality Outlets from Restaurants to Hotels are looking for Sommeliers at all levels to join their teams to the sunny island of Cyprus.
As Sommelier you will assist the Sommelier team to ensure professional, efficient and accurate service of all types of beverage in order to completely exceed guests’ expectations during their meal experience. An excellent and confident communicator, you will take a hands-on approach to your role and be passionate about people, the delivery of exceptional guest service and the development of the team, with a strong focus on training and development.
What’s on offer for you?
• The offers are on excellent working environments at some of the most stunning parts of Cyprus.
• The successful candidates will be joining businesses with a strong philosophy and a highly experienced team driving for the highest standards of food and service.
• An excellent package based on experience is available for exceptional candidates.
• Staff Meals.
• Social Insurance.
Which are the needs from you?
• WSET or equivalent Sommelier qualification.
• Clear passion to deliver an exceptional customer experience.
• Excellent knowledge of world wines, spirits and cocktails.
• A clear vision for improving the wine and drinks service in this stunning location.
• Well organized with good attention to detail.
• Genuine and sincere nature.
• Smart presentation and a friendly yet professional personality.
• Resilient nature and ability to work under pressure.
• A strong team working ethic.
If you are interested in working with fantastic wine lists, great food and in an energetic, friendly team, e-mail your CV @
George Loukakis: email@example.com
Την Πέμπτη 10 Δεκεμβρίου ολοκληρώθηκε και το δεύτερο μέρος της παρουσίασης με θέμα «Côte de Nuits» η οποία επιμελήθηκε και παρουσίασε ο Καλύτερος Έλληνας Οινοχόος για το 2020, Ελευθέριος Χανιαλίδης. Η παρουσίαση έγινε για ακόμα μια φορά μέσω ηλεκτρονικής πλατφόρμας και την παρακολούθησαν 37 μέλη της Ένωσης μας.
The second part of the educational presentation on «Côte de Nuits» was completed on Wednesday 10 of December, presented by the Best Greek Sommelier for 2020, Eleftherios Hanialidis. The presentation was made once again through an online platform and 37 members of our Association attended.
Την Τετάρτη 4 Νοεμβρίου είχαμε την χαρά να γιορτάσουμε το International Sherry Week με ένα μοναδικό διαδικτυακό Master Class από την εταιρεία All About Wine και την πιστοποιημένη εκπαιδεύτρια Sherry Αθηνά Λυμπεροπούλου Athena, δοκιμάζοντας τα κρασιά του Ισπανικού οίκου Sánchez Romate. Το webinar παρακολούθησαν 30 Οινοχόοι!